Substation Design, Relaying & Controls
We provide comprehensive solutions for new, rebuilt & upgraded electric substations. Our specialty is overcoming diverse substation design challenges with innovative solutions.
Substation Engineering Services Include:
- Physical layout design
- Protective relaying & control systems design
- Incoming / outgoing transmission & distribution lines
- Lightning protection & grounding systems with ground grid analysis
- Complete site development design for foundations, grading & drainage, water/sewer utilities, control buildings & site access roads
- Permitting & regulatory compliance, such as Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasures (SPCC)
- Final substation checkout & commissioning assistance
Protective Relaying & Controls
Fred Wilson & Associates provides comprehensive engineering services for protective relaying & controls. The firm specializes in coordinating relay upgrades at multiple locations or for system-wide projects.
Protective Relaying & Control engineering services include:
- Complete relay system coordination – design, specifications, settings & commissioning
- Design substation automation using the latest microprocessor based relay systems.
- Design of relay upgrades for distribution automation
- Coordination with utility SCADA systems
- Communications design – fiber-optic, carrier, radio & microwave systems
- Load metering design
- Arc flash evaluations and maintenance relay settings