FW&A provides engineering designs for highways, roadways, water/sewer and electric utility designs
We are uniquely qualified to provide engineering services for transportation projects from interstates & expressways to urban arterial roads. In conjunction with its highway/roadway projects, we often provide both water/sewer & electric utility designs. We specialize in the design of complex projects.
Highway/roadway engineering services include:
- Feasibility & corridor studies
- Preliminary Engineering Reports
- Design for lane widening, resurfacing & rehabilitation
- Pathway design for sidewalks & bikeways
- Stormwater drainage design
- Retention/detention ponds
- Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) plans
- Signing & pavement marking
- Utilities coordination
- Roadway Hydrology & Hydraulics
- Utility relocation design
- Roadway lighting design
- Geotechnical coordination
- Environmental studies & mitigation
- Public involvement
FW&A provides transportation authorities & municipalities with engineering services for high-mast & conventional roadway lighting projects. To aid with design & computer modeling, FW&A engineers use industry standard lighting design tools such as AGi32.
FW&A lighting designs are frequently associated with the firm’s highway/roadway or electric utility projects.
- Accent lighting for major bridges
- Mid-block crosswalks
- Conventional and high-mast for roadways and interchanges